These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Squash Pizza Boats
<p>This just struck me as a wonderful idea; naturally gluten-free (if it matters), low carb, high vegetable and mighty tasty too!</p>Source: http://www.5dollardinners.com (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Serves: You choose.
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush a casserole dish with olive oil. Roll squash around in the olive oil to lightly coat. Place cut side up in dish.
- Sprinkle the squash with garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, and thyme.
- Place some of the pizza toppings inside the boat.
- Spoon pizza sauce over the toppings.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
- Add more of your favorite toppings.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings